Social Environmental Sustainability
Welcome to Chris Maser's Managed Links.
Top : Forestry
Chris Maser | Sustainability: Forestry
- Dovetail Partners, Inc.
- Dovetail’s objective is to increase the market for responsible products exponentially, by planting the seeds of responsible forest trade where they are most likely to grow, and nurturing them carefully to ensure that their growth is successful. We define “responsible” purchases as: raw materials that are sourced in a sustainable manner with consideration of all social, ecological, and economic impacts.
(Added: 25-Dec-2004 Hits: 567 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Forest History Society
- Preserving forest history in order to understand the past and its impact on the future.
(Added: 12-Oct-2004 Hits: 590 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Lomakatsi Restoration Project
- To organize and implement community based ecological restoration projects through education, vocational training, specialized workforce development, and the utilization of restoration by-products, encouraging the recovery of ecosystems, and the sustainability of communities, cultures, and economies.
(Added: 2-Nov-2006 Hits: 473 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Rainforest Alliance
- The mission of the Rainforest Alliance is to protect ecosystems and the people and wildlife that depend on them by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior.
(Added: 5-Jan-2005 Hits: 546 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Pacific Forest Trust
- Since 1993, the Pacific Forest Trust has worked to preserve, enhance and restore America's vast and vital private forests - and safeguard their incalculable public benefits - through education, innovation and collaboration. The fate of these forests is everyone's concern. Together, we can ensure their survival for generations to come.
(Added: 17-Aug-2005 Hits: 519 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Role of Information in Market-Driven Environmental Policies
- Market-driven policies are promoted as alternatives to state regulation, yet few have been studied as a means of policy delivery. I compare forest laws and certification systems in Chile, and analyze media content throughout global markets. I conclude that the chain-of-custody weakens their reliability and that communication about certification systems strongly declines with geographical distance. We may be replacing governmental systems with alternatives that are likely to be less effective.
(Added: 25-Apr-2006 Hits: 434 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Forestry reform / conservation / ecology
- Forests Forever Foundation, the co-publisher of “FORESTS FOREVER: Their Ecology, Restoration and Protection” by John J. Berger, is a 501C3 nonprofit organization founded in 1998. Its mission is to educate the public about California forestry, forest preservation, and wildlife issues. The Foundation also conducts research, administrative advocacy, and a successful litigation effort.
(Added: 7-Oct-2008 Hits: 315 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 12-Apr-2013 - 10:19:02
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.